1. We have more than one director in our company, is it necessary to get signatures of all the Directors?
No, but at least two directors should signed on behalf of the company.
2. One of our directors/partners is a foreign national living aboard, how can we get the registrations?
You have to submit the certified copies of the passport for registrations of that particular person; the certification authority is a lawyer of the partner's country. If you are not in a position to submit a certified copy, fax his passport details to the Spezialized Services Branch fax number 0094112430691 directly. In that case the applicant company will be registered for the given shipment, pending submission of required documents.
3. One of our directors (Sri Lankan) is abroad and will not return in near future.
Fax his passport details directly to the Spezialized Services Branch Fax No. 0094112430691. The applicant will be registered for clearance of the given shipment only pending submission of the proper documents upon his arrival to Sri Lanka.
4. We are not in a position to trace the Gramasevaka/Gramaniladari, whether it is mandatory to get the certification from Gramasevaka in application form?
Except for BOI Companies situated in Zone (viz. Katunayake, Biyagama, Meerigama, Koggala, Horana, Pallakele etc), Gramasevaka certification is mandatory.
5. We don't have any company account because company is a newly formed.
If you don't have then you can leave this part
6. We have a large number of transactions, what are the scope for obtaining Accounting/Bank details?
There is no limitation, if you submit much more details it can be considered that this company is actively involved in business activities.
7. If I submit a duly completed application for registrations today, for how long it will take to register in the Customs Department?
If there are no errors, the registration can be done within 24 hours.
8. What does the word mean "Introducer"?
If there is a registered importer or declarent who can introduce you, is stated as an "Introducer". If there is such a person, it will be useful for officers to ascertain the details quickly.
9. Who is the Declarent?
Normal importer or Exporter can't deal with the Customs directly. There is a registered person who involved with cargo clearing or forwarding matters. This person is identified as "Declarent" or "Customs House Agent". If you have not selected any declarent at the time of registration you can ignore this cage.
10. I have not prepared a company rubber stamp yet, whether is it mandatory to stamp the applications?
11. What is form 40 or, Form 01?
Form 40 (now Form 1)is issued by the Registrar of company which includes the details of company name, company address and company directors .
12. What are the documents needed for address change?
1.Request Letter in Letter Head. 2.TIN Certificate. 3.VAT Certificate. 4.Form 13.