Some items may require a license to be imported in to Sri Lanka such items are called Restricted Items. They are not prohibited but a valid license / permit is required for the importation of such items.
Following are some controlled items and a list of authorities to obtain a license to import.
- Import Control Department: List of items: Import Control Item List
- Ministry of Defense: List of Items: MOD License Items List
- Sri Lanka Standards Institute: List of Items: SLSI License Items 1
SLSI License Items 2
SLSI License Items 3
- Telecommunication Regulatory Commission: For Mobile Phones, Radio Transmitting Devices and other communication equipment.
Other authorities issuing licenses:
- Sri Lanka Atomic Energy Regulatory Council
- Department of Animal Product and Health (Animal Quarantine)
- Consumer Affairs Authority
- Central Environmental Authority
- National Medicines Regulatory Authority
- Department of Agriculture (Plant Quarantine)
- National Film Cooperation
Please Contact Customs help desk for further clarification.